Headlines News :
Home » , , , » Recount Text : Don't eat before going sleep

Recount Text : Don't eat before going sleep

Written By Demi Yurfina on Saturday, February 7, 2015 | 12:17 AM



"Don't eat just before going to bed!" my mother used to tell me. "You might get a nightmare." How right she was. I never believed her until it happened to me.

It was on a night when I felt hungry just as I was about to go to bed. So I made myself a peanut-butter sandwich and a large cold glass of milk. After consuming them I went to bed.

Soon I drifted off into a troubled sleep. I dreamt that I was with a group of people looking for an old woman. I was not sure why we were looking for her but we all seemed afraid of her. Somehow we had to find her. So there I was,searching high and low for her in frightful places I had never been before. Sometimes I seemed to be flying while at other times I seemed unable to move. The whole atmosphere was one of fear, like a dreadful horror-movie in which I was a victim.

After some searching I entered a darkened room and saw a figure sleeping on a bed. As I got nearer the figure suddenly threw away the blanket, got up and stared at me. It was an ugly old woman with shiny golden teeth. She raised her claw-like fingers and walked towards me.

I wanted to run but was unable to. I tried to scream but found that I could not. In horror I struggled and struggled to get away from the frightful woman.

The next moment I gave a muffled yell and found myself panting on my bed. My goodness, what a horrible nightmare it was! For a minute or so I lay on my bed not daring to close my eyes for fear of falling asleep again and continuing the nightmare. Then I sat up on my bed until the horrible feeling passed. From then on I never eat just before going to sleep.

Indikator SKL   : Menentukan informasi tersirat.
Indikator soal     :  Disajikan teks recount, siswa dapat menentukan jawaban pertanyaan informasi tersirat dengan tepat.

Soal   :
1.        Why did writer never eat again before going to sleep?
A.      He was afraid being a fat boy.
B.       He was afraid to meet an old woman.
C.       He didn’t want to have a trouble sleep.
D.      He didn’t want to get a horrible nightmare.

Jawaban        : D
Pembahasan  :
Untuk menjawab pertanyaan tersebut diperlukan membaca lebih teliti paragraf terakhir dan menarik kesimpulan kalimat pertama dan terakhir.Maka jawaban yang tepat D.

Indikator SKL   : Menentukan makna kata
Indikator soal     :  Disajikan kutipan kalimat dari teks recount yang sama dengan salah satu kata digaris bawahi, siswa dapat menentukan makna kata tersebut dengan tepat.

Soal   :
2.        The next moment I gave a muffled yell and …”
The underlined word means …
A.      quiet and less clear.
B.       noisy and shooting.
C.       loud and screaming.
D.      forceful and talkative.

Jawaban        : A
Pembahasan  :
Makna muffled dapat diketahui secara konteks pada paragraph akhir, maka makna yang tepat adalah A.

Indikator SKL   : Menentukan rujukan kata.
Indikator soal     :  Disajikan sebuah kutipan kalimat dari surat yang sama dengan salah satu kata ganti digaris bawahi, siswa dapat menentukan rujukan kata ganti tersebut dengan tepat.

Soal   :
3.        I never believed her until it happened to me …”
The word ‘it” refers to …
A.      a bed.
B.       a nightmare.
C.       a Sandwich .
D.      peanut butter.

Jawaban        : B
Pembahasan  :
Rujukan kata it dapat diketahui dengan memperhatikan kalimat sebelumnya ‘You might get a nightmare’, sehingga jawaban yang tepat B.

Indikator SKL   : Menentukan tujuan komunikatif.
Indikator soal     :  Disajikan sebuah teks recount yang sama, siswa dapat menentukan jawaban pertanyaan tujuan komunikatif dengan tepat.

Soal   :
4.        What is the purpose of the writer to write the text?
A.      To share a bad dream
B.       To describe an old woman
C.       To retell a frightening experience
D.      To advice not to eat before sleeping

Jawaban         : C
Pembahasan  :
Teks tersebut adalah teks recount, maka tujuan komunikatif teks tersebut yang tepat adalah C.



Share this article :

0 Comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. DEMI YURFINA'S BLOG - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template